JH & HS Daily Grizzly Announcements
Monday, April 23, 2018
This Week’s Schedule 4/23 – 4/27:
|Tues:||B Block – JH Picnic|
|Wed:||A Block – HS Spirit Point Winner Event|
Next Week’s Schedule 4/30 – 5/4:
- Monthly ESLR (April): GODLY LEADERS who mirror Christ’s character and behavior in diverse environments and who consider the interest of others above their own. (Philippians 2:3) “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.”
- Plan Ahead:
5/2 – JH Girls 4 God Train Trip
5/3 – National Day of Prayer
5/11 – End of the Grading Period (4th Progress)
- This Week’s Lunch Specials:
Tuesday Jumbo Dog/Fries Combo $5.00
Wednesday Chicken Wrap $3.00
Thursday Spaghetti W/Garlic Bread Combo $5.00
Friday Western Bacon Cheeseburger Combo $5.00
- CCCS Night of the Arts Performance: We cordially invite you to attend the CCCS High School Choir’s “Night of the Arts” performances on April 27 and April 28, at 7pm in the Main Sanctuary. This year’s concert will feature selections from “The Music Man” and the new Broadway musical “Hamilton”. You don’t want to miss out! Tickets are $5 and they can be purchased in the HS Office or “at the door” before the performance. Please bring unsaved family and friends because the Gospel message will be given at the end of each performance!
- JH/HS Summer School: The following classes are being considered for Summer School; Fundamentals of Math, Pre-Algebra, Algebra I and Geometry. For more information see Mrs. Bernadette in the office.
Junior High Announcements
- Guatemala Mission Team: There will a meeting every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch in Mr. Chadwell’s classroom.
HIGH SCHOOL Announcements
- Senior Mexico Trip: All seniors who signed up to go to the final senior Mexico trip must a mandatory meeting at lunch today. Please bring your lunch and join us in room 124.
- Spirit Point Winners: Congratulations to the Class of 2018 (Seniors). You will be rewarded with a Picnic this Wednesday, 4/25. Pick up your permission slip from Miss Jacobs. Attached to the permission slip is a list of what to bring.
- Juniors & Seniors: Hope International University (HIU) is hosting an event at their Fullerton campus this week on 4/26 from 5:30-8pm. It will be a time where students can get help figuring out what major they want to pursue in the college of their choice. Refreshments will be served and students will have a chance to win a $100 gift card. Please stop by the board with announcements in the hallway for an informational flyer on how to RSVP.
From the Athletic Office
**** For detailed schedules, maps and results of all games, go to the school website and click on the respective sport, under the Junior High or the High School Athletics tab! ****
Junior High Sports
High School Sports
- HS Cheer: Girls Interested in trying out for the Cheer Team, Cheer Application AND Athletic Clearance dead line is Friday, 4/27. Please see Coach Duran with any questions.
- 2018/2019 HS Volleyball Team: Attention all 9th-11th grade girls interested in playing volleyball for next school year, please come to an interest meeting in room 122 at lunch on Tuesday 4/24. This meeting is just for current HS students.
- High School Game Schedules:
Tuesday, 4/24 – Swimming at 3PM Home @ Norwalk Aquatic Pavilion
Tuesday, 4/24 – Softball at 3:15PM Away @ Oxford Academy
Thursday, 4/26 – Softball at 3:15PM Home @ Columbus Field
Thursday, 4/26 – Baseball at 6:30PM Home @ Valley Christian/Cerritos
Thursday, 4/26 – Track & Field at 2:30PM Away @ Crean Lutheran
Friday, 4/27 – Softball 3:15PM at Away Crean Lutheran
Tuesday, 5/1 – Baseball at 3:15PM Away @ Crean Lutheran
Tuesday, 5/1 – Softball at 3:15PM Home @ Columbus Field
Tuesday, 5/1 – Swimming at 3PM Away @ Kennedy
Thursday, 5/3 – Track & Field at 2:30PM Away @ Crean Lutheran
Thursday, 5/3 – Baseball at 6PM Home @ Vets Memorial Field/City of Commerce
Thursday, 5/3 – Swimming at 3PM Away @ Kennedy