JH & HS Daily Grizzly Announcements
Wednesday, June 6, 2018
This Week’s Schedule 5/28 – 6/1:
|Mon:||1st & 2nd Period Finals|
|Tues:||3rd & 4th Period Finals|
|Wed:||Homeroom & 5th Per. Final|
|Thurs:||6th & 7th Period Finals|
- Monthly ESLR (May): HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS who grow spiritually, mentally, physically, and emotionally, and are equipped for the challenges of life. (1 Corinthians 6:20) “For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
- Plan Ahead:
6/4 – 6/7 – Finals (1/2 Day 12pm dismissal)
6/12 – 8th Grade Promotion 2pm
6/14 – Senior Graduation 2pm
- Yearbook Signing: Our handbook reads, “Students who deface or write inappropriate remarks in another student’s yearbook will be subject to disciplinary action and/or may be required to replace the yearbook or the replacement cost of the yearbook.” We want every word that comes from our mouth to edify others and to bring glory to God.
- Textbook Alert: Students please do not buy/sell textbooks until you have checked “Textbook Update Email” regarding textbook changes for the 2018-2019 school year. There are many textbook updates for next school year.
- Adhering to School Policies: Every year, during finals week, students tend to not adhere to school policies. For that reason, if you show up to school during finals in dress code violations or are involved with any kind of prank, you will be sent home. You will miss their final exams and will need to make them up on Saturday, 6/9. If you do not show up to make up the final you will be given a zero. Students, please be wise and adhere to our policies.
- Locker Clean Out: Students can start cleaning out their lockers. Once you take your final you should take those books home. All lockers need to be completely cleaned out by Friday, 6/8. On Monday, 6/11 all items left in the lockers will be discarded.
- Library Fines/Overdue Books: Students, you must pay all library fines and return all library books on or before Friday, 6/8. Any fines or fees not taken care of will be billed to your account.
- Lost and Found: Check the lost and found for any items you may be missing. All items will be donated if not claimed by Monday, 6/11.
- Medications: If you currently have medication stored in the office, please be sure to pick it up before the end of the school year.
- Textbooks: Students, you should obtain your parents’ permission before donating your textbooks. If your parents agree to donate your books, turn them in to Mr. Jacobs (no used workbooks).
- JH/HS Office Entrance: Students please use the Quad entrance for access to the elevator and JH/HS Office.
- JH/HS Technology Camp: There is a Technology Camp being held at USC this summer. For details you can visit game.experienceamerica.com.
Junior High Announcements
- Free Dress Wednesday Congratulations JH! We pray you will all do well on your finals and close out this year strong. We would like to give you one more free dress day on Wednesday to celebrate the year. Uniforms are required on Thursday, last day of school.
- No Daycare on Thursday There is no daycare on Thursday!
- 8th Grade students Your one and only Promotion Practice will be after school on the last day of school (6/7). All 8th Grade must wear your Uniform polo shirt. We need the collar to show with your Promotion Gown for the group picture. School is out half day. Meet Mrs. Kravig in the Main Sanctuary by 12:30pm to get your gown on the take the group photo.
- 8th Grade Promotion Dress Code: The Dress Code in the Student Handbook still applies for promotion even under your promotion gown.
HIGH SCHOOL Announcements
- Juniors who will be in HONORS ENGLISH next year. We will have a meeting to go over summer work on TODAY (6/6) at 12-12:15pm in Miss Jacobs’ class. You need to show up otherwise you won’t be able to complete your summer work.
- GRAD EVENT– All Grad money is due TODAY (6/6). If you have any question please go to the ASB office. Thank you.
- ASB Applicants: If you turned in an application and attended the ASB interest meeting please be sure to report to the ASB Office TODAY (6/6) after school for a short interview. Thank you
- HS Fashion Summer Program: The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) is offering 3-Day and 9-Day Summer programs. You can visit their websites at FIDM.EDU/GO/3DF and GO.FIDM.EDU/FIDMSUMMER for the summer programs. Stop by Mrs. Norton’s office for flyers.
- Graduation Dress Code: Seniors, the Dress Code in the Student Handbook still applies for graduation even under your graduation gown.
- Senior Final Transcripts: Seniors, if you need final transcript copies for colleges or other purposes, please add your name to the sign-up sheet on the counter in the HS Office.
From the Athletic Office
**** For detailed schedules, maps and results of all games go to the school website and click on the respective sport, under the Junior High or the High School Athletics tab! ****
Junior High Sports
- JH Girls Volleyball or Boys Flag Football sign-up by 7/23. You can go online to obtain the forms or come to the Athletic Office. Sign up soon. Don’t be left out of exciting competition for 2018-2019!