Daily Grizzly Announcements
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
This Week’s Schedule 4/24 – 4/28:
|Mon:||SAT 10 Testing (½ Day)|
|Tues:||SAT 10 Testing (½ Day)|
Next Week’s Schedule 5/1 – 5/5:
- Congratulations to the Talent Show Winners:
1st Place – Leilani Lemos (Original Song)
2nd Place – Jazlyn Sepulveda (Ventriloquist)
3rd Place – Rebekah Robinson (Original Video)
- Community Service SMR: There is an opportunity to help this Sunday night with a small worship concert for Joel Simpson and his worship band Purpose Project! If you need SMR credit, or you want to attend the concert and/or help anyway, please see Mr. Lopez in Room 121 for more information.
- 2017/2018 Schedules: Students – Any changes to your class schedule for next year must be made by May 5th. After May 5th no changes will be allowed.
- CCCS Musical 4/27-4/29: This year’s production is “The Lion King”. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for students and they can be purchased in the HS Office or “at the door” before the performance.
- Summer Tech Camps: Cal State Dominquez Hills is offering Summer Tech Camps. Some of the classes being offered are: Video Game Design & Animation, Advanced Video Game Design & Animation, and Computer Illustration & Special Effects for Video Games. For more information pick up a flier in the office.
Junior High Announcements
- Plan Ahead: The Girls 4 God Train Trip is next Wednesday, 5/3. Permission slips are due to Mrs. Kravig by Friday. Please take them to the office.
HIGH SCHOOL Announcements
- Senior Lunch Meeting: Seniors will have a mandatory meeting on Friday, 4/28 during lunch in the Gym. It is important to attend as we will be discussing the Senior Video. If you have any questions see Jamie Gomez.
- ASB Applications: Are now available in the ASB Office. If you turned in an interest card please be sure to pick up your application this week. All applications are due today, 4/26.
- Deadline Reminders: If you are planning on taking the ACT on 6/10 you have until 5/5 to register.
- Junior/Senior Prom May 19th: This year our Prom will be at the “Orange Hill Restaurant with a beautiful hilltop view. Tickets are on sale through 5/12. The price of the ticket is $150 per student and can be purchased in the ASB Office. Late sign ups may have an increased price. We encourage all our Juniors/Seniors to attend their prom. Don’t miss out!
- IMPORTANT AP EXAM INFO: AP Testing starts next week, 5/1 and runs through Friday, 5/13. Please be sure to bring a picture ID day of testing, you cannot test if you do not provide a picture ID (School Id or Driver’s license). You must be on time in order to test, door will be locked at 7:50 no exceptions.
Monday, May 1 – Chemistry (7:45-12:00) Library
Tuesday, May 2 – Physics (12:00-4:00) Library
Monday, May 8 – Music Theory (7:45-12:00) Computer Lab
Monday, May 8 – Biology (7:45-12:00) Library
Tuesday, May 9 – Calculus AB (7:45-12:00) Library
Wednesday, May 10 – Macroeconomics (12:00-4:00) Library
- ECP/AP/Honors Parent/Student Meeting: Will be Monday, 5/1, at 6pm Any student who signed up for an Early College Program, AP and/or Honors class next year 2017/2018 must attend this meeting along with their parent/s. For more information contact the HS Office. Attendance is mandatory.
- Juniors – Are you interested in pursuing a career in politics? If so you should consider applying to the Young Senators Leadership Program. In this program students will work in a challenging and fast paced environment where they will gain exposure to state politics and government, careers in public service, and community service. This is a 10 month program and at the end of the year, will go to Sacramento for a 3 day trip to hold a mock-Senate session. Students meet once a month, are required to do a minimum of 40 hours of community service through the Senators office, and attend the 3 day Sacramento trip. If you are interested in applying for the YSLP stop in and see Mr. Terrall. Application deadline is June 30th.*
From the Athletic Office
*** For detailed schedules, maps and results of all games, go to the school website and click on the respective sport, under the Junior High or the High School Athletics tab! ****
Junior High Sports
- This Week’s JH Game Schedule:
High School Sports
- Attention Spring Sport Teams your pictures are ready for pick up. Please come by the athletic office to get them.
- Football: All boys interested in working towards the 3rd CIF Championship in our school’s history are invited to the Football Interest meeting on Friday, 5/5 at lunch in room 124.
- This Week’s HS Game Schedule:
Friday, 4/28 – Softball at 3:15pm Away @ Cerritos Sports Complex Fields
Friday, 4/28 – Baseball at 3:15pm Away @ Heartwell Park in Long Beach