Daily Grizzly Announcements
Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Plan Ahead: Last Day of school is on Thursday, 6/8 (10am Dismissal). 8th Grade Promotion is on Tuesday, 6/13 at 2pm. Senior/Parent Awards Breakfast is on 6/14 at 8am. Senior Graduation is on Thursday, 6/15 at 2pm.
- JH/HS Finals 6/5-6/8:
Monday, 6/5 – 1st & 2nd Period Finals (12pm Dismissal)
Tuesday, 6/6 – 3rd & 4th Period Finals (12pm Dismissal)
Wednesday, 6/7 – 5th & 6th Period Finals (8:25am Start Time & 12:30pm Dismissal)
Thursday, 6/8 – 7th Period Finals (10am Dismissal)
- 8th Grade Promotion and 12th Grade Graduation Leis: Israel team will be selling Leis at these events. If you would like to pre-order an orchid lei please contact Ms. Denisse by Friday, 6/9. First come first served on the day of the event.
- Yearbook Signing: Our handbook reads, “Students who deface or write inappropriate remarks in another student’s yearbook will be subject to disciplinary action and/or may be required to replace the yearbook or the replacement cost of the yearbook.” We want every word that comes from our mouth to edify others and to bring glory to God.
- Library Rentals: Reminder Textbook Rentals are due no later than the last day of school or sooner. Book drop is closed, return textbooks to Librarian to clear your name so you are not billed. The following are CCCS Rentals: Pre-Algebra, AP Chemistry, AP Physics.
- Lost and Found: Check the lost and found for any items you may be missing. All items will be donated if not claimed by Friday, 6/9.
- Library Fines/Overdue Books: Students, you must pay all library fines and return all library books on or before Friday, 6/9. Any fines or fees not taken care of will be billed to your account.
- Medications: If you currently have medication stored in the office, please be sure to pick it up before the end of the school year.
- Locker Clean Out: Students can start cleaning out their lockers on Monday, 6/5. Once you take your final you should take those books home. All lockers need to be completely cleaned out by Friday, 6/9. On Monday, 6/12 all items left in the lockers will be discarded.
- Textbooks: Students, you should obtain your parents’ permission before donating your textbooks. If your parents agree to donate your books, turn them in to Mr. Jacobs (no used workbooks).
Junior High Announcements
- 8th Grade Promotion Gowns: If you did not turn in your ironed gown to Mrs. Kravig please do so ASAP.
- Promotion Group Photo: 8th Grade students will be taking their Promotion Group Photo on Friday at 7:30am. Please wear your Uniform Polo for the picture under your gown. You may change once Promotion Practice is over.
- 8th Grade Event: Make sure you pick up your permission slip from Mrs. Advincula for the 8th grade event to Downtown Disney.
HIGH SCHOOL Announcements
- Attention Juniors: We are having a 12th grade honors meeting for the juniors who are signed up for class for next year. The meeting will be in Miss Jacobs’ room 126 after school today (6/7).
- Senior Graduation Practice: Practice is today at 12:30pm in the main. All seniors must attend.
- Senior Final Transcripts: Seniors, if you need your final transcript for colleges or other purposes, please add your name to the sign-up sheet on the counter in the HS Office. Transcripts will be ready for pick up/mailed out the week of June 19th. Keep in mind the first 5 are free and any additional copies are $5 each.
- Senior Grad Event on 6/8: Attentions Seniors! We had some “technical difficulty” with our Grad Event this year and have opted to go with the Santa Monica Pier Pacific Park instead of the Escape Room. The cost will remain at $70 and includes the following: Transportation, 2 snacks & 1 meal voucher at pier, candy/snacks, and dinner at Frantone’s in Cerritos (lasagna, fettuccini, ravioli, salad, pizza and drinks). We will leave CCCS at 12pm and be done with dinner at the restaurant by 10pm. This was a great event last year and we are excited for our seniors to enjoy it again.
- Seniors: Congratulations as you get ready to graduate, we are so proud of you! Please keep in mind any pranks or vandalism will lead to serious disciplinary action.
- Graduation Dress Code: Seniors, the Dress Code in the Student Handbook still applies for graduation even under your graduation gown.
From the Athletic Office
**** For detailed schedules, maps and results of all games, go to the school website and click on the respective sport, under the Junior High or the High School Athletics tab! ****
High School Sports
- CCCS ATHLETES: All athletic lockers need to be cleaned out by the last day of school. Please clean out and take your stuff home or put it in the trash.
- Attention ALL Senior Athletes: If you are playing sports in college, please come to the Athletic Office.
- Wrestling practices will start back up next week! Please see Coach Lopez in room 121 to get the information you need. Work hard and God bless.