March 20, 2017
It’s Vacation Stations Time! Information flyers are in your child’s Monday Folder. What is Vacation Stations?
- Through all the vacation activities, what students learned during the school year may fade a little over the summer break. With Vacation Stations activity books, students who have just completed K-Grade 6 can sharpen their academic skills and prepare for the next grade.
- Students can build confidence with a total of two pages a day that review math, language, and reading. Vacation Stations blend grade –appropriate practice with colorful characters and exciting themes.
- Be sure to keep your child’s brain turned up by ordering your Vacation Stations Summer Review Workbook.
- Deadline to turn in money and order form is Monday, March 27. No exceptions, as the Librarian has to place an order early to ensure delivery before school ends in June.
Spring Fundraiser Winners: The following students were our top sellers and received their prizes:
BRANDON CONCEPCION ERIC CONCEPCION ALYSSA BREIDENTHAL
AYDEN BREIDENTHAL AUDREY GUTIERREZ KENNEDY THOMPSON
KATELYN MOSCOSO ALI WELLS AKIAH WELLS
LYDIA BROOKS JOSHUA PENDLETON RILEY CEREBE
Friday, March 31-End of the 3rd Quarter/Early Release ½ Day:
- We are on the last stretch of the 16/17 school year! You can check your portal at any time for your child’s academic progress.
- We will be on 1/2 day schedule this day. Students will be dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Students not picked up by 12:15pm will be signed in to Daycare. Daycare fees begin at 3:00pm.
- If your child is staying for Daycare, please make sure they have a lunch.
- Students that are not picked up by 12:30pm and do not have a lunch will be given an “emergency lunch” for $5.
2017 REVIVE USA Mission Trip: We are excited as we are moving forward with preparing to go to Inglewood, California on June 25th-July 1st, 2017, and partnering with Pastor Bill Buffington at Calvary Chapel Inglewood. The REVIVE Team will be going door to door to share Jesus in the neighborhood. Please come to Calvary Chapel Downey’s Mission Training this Saturday at 10:30am in the South Sanctuary to hear more about it.
ACSI Elementary Choir Festival will be held here at the CCCS Main Sanctuary this Friday, March 24 at 7pm.
- This festival will feature various elementary school choirs coming together to share their love of music.
- Each choir will present two songs and at the end of the festival all the participating choirs will sing two songs together. There is no admission fee for this event.
We hope to see many of our CCCS family and friends at the festival to cheer on our Elementary Choir as they compete in the festival!
Spirit Week Begins March 27! Let’s Get our Grizzly Spirit On! Go Grizzlies! Our Dress-up Days for Spirit Week For Next Week Is:
Monday-Peanuts Character Day: Dress-up like your favorite Peanuts Character; Charlie Brown, Lucy, Linus, Snoopy, Woodstock etc. You can wear a t-shirt with these characters on it as well
Tuesday-Super Hero Day/Princess Day: Dress as your favorite super hero or princess. (Capes and tiaras welcome, please no super hero weapons). You can wear a t-shirt with these characters on it as well
Wednesday-Western Day: Yippee Yahoo! Dress up in your western or cowboy/girl outfits (no guns please)
Thursday-Sports Day/Grizzly Spirit Day: Dress up in your favorite sport or team or show your school spirit by wearing maroon, gray and white. Go Grizzlies!
Friday-Crazy Hair Day: Come with your craziest style. (Colors need to be put on at home, not at school/restrooms. Thank you)
Students who do not wish to participate must be in full school uniform this week. Parents, when selecting your child’s dress-up outfits, please make sure you follow the “Free Dress” Guidelines stated in the Parent / Student Handbook. Shorts must be worn under dresses in order to play on the slide. Have fun! Go Grizzlies!!!
Student Lunch Time reminders:
- Glass containers for food or drinks are not allowed as they pose a safety hazard
- A reminder we do not warm up food for students. The Snack Shack is not equipped to warm up food
Thank you for your understanding
CCD Discover Summer Camp: Looking for something fun, safe and advantageous at a low affordable cost for your child to do this summer? Is your child tired of the same boring summer staying home playing video games? Come check out what Calvary Chapel Downey is doing this summer in Discover Camp. Not only do we offer crafts and elective classes which consist of rocket making, woodshop, skateboarding, Taekwondo and cooking. We also go on field trips every week, attend VBS, work on academic enrichment and best of all make new friends. Join us this summer as we discover that God is true!
- Discover Camp is available to all children entering 1st – 10th grade. Camp begins June 19 and runs through August 11
- The cost for camp is $800.00 for the 8 week program. Discount!-Early Registration: Cost is $600.00 from March 1 – June 2nd, 5pm. After June 2nd, expect to pay full price of $800.00 (sign-up early!!).
- The Church Office is accepting completed registration packets and deposits of $50.00 per student to secure your spot. Payments are flexible. (Bring check or money orders only for payment, no cash.)
- Final payments are due June 16th. After June 16h full payment only will be accepted.
For more information you can call the Church Office at 562-803-5631 or email Diana Gonzales at email@example.com.
New Enrollment: If you know of friends or families that are interested in our school, they may pick up an application in the School Offices. New applications are now being accepted for the 2017/2018 school year. Tours are available Monday-Friday.
Referral Program: Attention Parents! We offer an additional tuition discount to any current family who refers a new family to our school. If you refer a new family and they enroll in our school, you may be eligible to receive a tuition credit worth $400 per student referred on your 2017/2018 tuition (Grizzly Academy amount is different)! This is a great way to introduce your friends and family members to our school AND save some on the cost of your tuition. For more details contact the School Office.