Week of 10/16/17:
October ESLR: This month’s ESLR is “Independent Thinkers”. Independent thinkers are students who demonstrate the ability to seek, research, analyze, and compile data using critical thinking skills drawing from a distinctively Christian worldview. (Acts 17:11) “…they searched the Scriptures day after day to check up on Paul and Silas, to see if they were really teaching the truth.”
Make-up Picture Day is This Thursday, October 19. This day is for those students who missed our original Picture Day. If your child had their picture taken and did not purchase a packet but would like to, there is still time! Picture packets are available in the School Office. Students must be in school uniform. Please do not use your dress down coupon if you need to have your picture taken or retaken.
“Free Dress” Coupons for the Month of October-Free Dress Guidelines: Parents, if your child earned “free dress” coupons we want them to enjoy their day (redemption days-Tuesdays & Thursdays).
- Please make sure that you have reviewed the Free Dress Standards before your child is off to school. You can view them on our website; click on the following: “Elementary”, to your left “Parent Resources”, and then click on “Download Resources”. Scroll down and you can view the standards.
- One concern is leggings; they cannot be worn as pants. The following is a portion from our Free Dress Standards:
- “Leggings and tights can be worn under dresses/skirts or pants. However, the dress or skirt must be no shorter than 5 inches above the knee while kneeling. Tights, leggings, and jeggings cannot be worn as pants.”
Alternative Night: Calvary Chapel Downey will be reaching out to our kids and community for Jesus through a free event for the whole family on Tuesday October 31st. All students must be picked up by 12:00PM on this ½ day as NO DAYCARE WILL BE PROVIDED. Please join us in prayer over this night.
We Need Candy!!!: Students may bring an un-opened bag of candy with them to school on every FRIDAY in October to use as their ticket to dress down that day. All donated candy will be used on the Alternative Night, October 31st. No scary candy or gum please.
Veteran’s Day Celebration: On Thursday, November 9, we will be honoring our Veterans in the Main Sanctuary at 9am. A continental breakfast is provided for all veterans/active service at 7:45am in the Fellowship Hall. Come and join us as we honor our Veterans.
All K-12 are showing their support!
- All elementary students will be in school uniform only
- Junior High will wear Red shirts and High School will wear white shirts.